Sunday, April 06, 2014

Ba-Doom, Tish!


Experts are trying to establish why a large expanse of foam has appeared on the River Clyde in Glasgow.  The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (Sepa) said it had received a number of calls. - BBC Scotland

I mentioned this incident to a Glaswegian work colleague the other day.  I was like, "I reckon all that foam in the River Clyde is probably soap". 

"What's that?" He asked, conveniently.

"It's a cleaning product that you apply to your body for hygiene reasons", I said.

The doctor says the swelling might go down in three or four days. 

5 comments:

ejh said...

"Sorry I'm late. I had to do my chores."

"What chores?"

"Ah thanks very much, I'll have a pint."

I did actually manage to carry that one off on one glorious occasion.

Daniel said...

I'm just leaving this here. Thanks.

http://stopwar.org.uk/news/tony-blair-we-should-invade-syria-whether-the-british-public-wants-it-or-not#.U0LlYabyOPt

KBPlayer said...

A friend who did rowing said if you fell in the Clyde you were rushed off to hospital for a stomach pump.

ejh said...

That might be the rowers rather than the Clyde though.

gilbert wham said...

Did every fucker get one of those daft bridges, then? I thought that was the Toon for a second.