Being a step-by-step guide to churning out by-the-numbers whataboutery for Spiked! Online.
1) Open a newspaper; grab the dumbest media spaz-out in it as your subject material, then put pen to paper.
2) Lay out the entire, sorry episode, making it entirely clear that it's an electorally-driven spankathon confected out of bugger all by insane right wing bigots for political purposes, with the support of dupes and cranks.
3) Concede that liberal criticisms of said spankathon are essentially correct in every major aspect.
4) Suddenly announce that the real issue is not the confected right wing spankathon, but is instead the fact that condescending Yankee liberals think they're so bloody clever.
5) Waffle at length about how out of touch with, like, working class concerns and shit the libs are by pretending that belligerent stupidity is a class issue.
6) Round it all off with a spurious declaration about how, if only those godawful libs weren't so obsessed with political correctness, they would somehow magically squash the controversy by focusing instead on some unrelated horseshit.
Congratulations! A speaking slot on The Moral Maze or a post as Social Affairs Tsar under Boris Johnson awaits.