Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sloth Loves Chunk

"Patients who are obese may avoid seeking life-saving treatment as they fear being judged about their weight by medical staff, an expert has claimed...

Other studies have shown that some health professionals have clearly associated the stereotypes of "lazy," "stupid" and "worthless" with obese people."

BBC News, 28th May 2009

Things have truly come to a pretty pass when a British citizen can't wheel his corpulent backside into a doctor's surgery without some uppity sawbones thinking insulting thoughts.

I quite identify with the plight of the porky here since medical professionals tend to draw conclusions about my appearance too, shouting things like Hold him down, nurse! and Get a Hazmat team in here, stat! whenever I drag my sorry, flea-bitten carcass in front of them.

I say that we should take issue with ignorant stereotypes that rob people of their dignity, and stand up for those unfortunate bloaters who literally cannot stand up for themselves.

What evidence is there that the clinically obese are "lazy", for instance? For all we know, the average buffet slayer could run fifteen miles a day before tucking into a nourishing bucket of curry.

As a regular attendee at football matches, I can assure you that the great British pie monster can near enough break the sound barrier when the referee blows the half-time whistle.

And sticking with football, what evidence is there that the lardy are "worthless"? If I weighed fifty stone, I'd be bulking up in the hope that the Scottish national side would call me up as a goalkeeper - eat enough doughnuts and I might even completely fill the goalmouth, although I wouldn't be surprised if Scotland still failed to get past the group stage.

So let's not disrespect people and run them down them just because of their appalling personal habits. I say that if my fellow human being wants to stuff his or her fat face with deep-fried shite until he or she resembles a grotesque, wobbling balloon stuffed to bursting with lard, then I have no right to sit in judgement.

Let us not look down our noses at the greedy fuckers, for none of us are perfect.

No comments: