Friday, March 07, 2008

Incredibly Unpopular Opinion

Yesterday's school shootings in Israel were rage murders, like the Post Office attacks of the eighties and nineties. All the facts point towards a Dunblane, a Virginia Tech or a Columbine High.

I don't often nail my colours to the mast with a prediction, but I'm betting that this was another case of some lone guy taking the hump with the world he lived in, then shooting it up. You don't need decades of ethnic conflict for that, as recent history indicates.

I'm ready and willing to post a very lengthy apology if I'm wrong - apologies,too, if you expected a punchline, and may all those who celebrated this attack suffer a long and painful bout of gastroenteritis.

Update: On rage murder, in case anyone thought I was overly selective.

No comments: