Thursday, January 24, 2008

Market Forecast

It's been a turbulent week for financial markets, but at this time I'd like to say a few words for the little guys - the ordinary men and women who keep the engine of profit and loss ticking, who even now are labouring to rectify their little mishap.

These unloved souls toil away unseen by most of us, greasing the wheels of commerce and never asking for more than a tiny fraction of the wealth they create to feather their nests.

So, stock brokers, I know there are some who would call YOU EVIL, GRASPING FUCKS, cursing the way you work your magic, but I'm not one of them. I have great respect for your efforts, and would never stoop to naming YOU ICE-HEARTED EBENEEZERS or COKE-SNORTING, INCONTINENT, BRAYING DIPSHITS.

Let's not forget the great crash of the 1920's, when many a stock broker chose to CLIMB TO THE TOP OF A VERY TALL BUILDING with only one thought in mind - "YOU MUST HURL YOUR WORTHLESS, FECKLESS HIDE INTO THE ETERNITY OF OBLIVION YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE."

I always have a warm, fuzzy glow inside when I recall their noble ends.

But that was then, and this is now, and I wouldn't want to give the impression that I AM URGING EVERY STOCK BROKER TO COMMIT SUICIDE IMMEDIATELY, IN THE MOST GRUESOME MANNER POSSIBLE, far less that I HARBOUR FIERCE, BURNING HATRED FOR EVERY ONE OF YOU.

Heaven forbid.

No, I have absolute trust in your ability to see the rest of us through this difficult time, and I trust that all of you will get exactly what you deserve.

No comments: