Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Curse Of Celebrity

I've always had the utmost respect for the late Princess Diana - the woman was a saint, the very model of decorum and dignity, cruelly cut down just as she was finally finding happiness.

Now, as her final moments are once more strewn across the pages of the scum press, we learn of her heart-wrenching final words...

"Princess Diana repeated the words "oh, my God" as she lay hurt in car wreckage while photographers took pictures..."

A sad scene indeed, one made all the sadder for her needless and wilful blasphemy - a slight that the Lord will not quickly forgive as He closes His celestial Ears to her shrieks for mercy from the Lake of Fire.

While I shed a solitary tear for the red-hot poker inflicted back-door tortures that the Princess of Hearts is surely experiencing, I must harden my resolve and recall that the Lord laid down His Laws expressly forbidding this type of sacrilege.

I understand that being crushed in a high-speed car accident is probably quite stressful, but that is no excuse for disobedience. What if we allowed everyone to utter such vile oaths in times of strife?

If you can't do the time (eternity), don't do the crime (mild cursing), that's what I say.

No comments: