Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ah, Mr. Hubris? I'd Like You To Meet My Friend, Mr. Nemesis...

Remember how I speculated that draconian, detention-crazed former Home Secretary John Reid was quitting politics to pursue solo surveillance projects?

"...a man as resourceful as John Reid will find gainful employment elsewhere," I chuckled vindictively.

Well, the last laugh's on me - he's been announced as the new chairman of Celtic FC instead.

True to form, he's put forward detailed plans to redesign Celtic Park to suit his vision of the club's future...



He's also promised a strict exercise regime for the players - one hour a day in the quadrangle, supervised.

As if that wasn't enough, he's hinted that fans will receive free food and, if their behaviour merits it, they will be able to maintain their own allotments.

Nice, shiny new shower rooms, lights out at nine, slopping out at seven - and just wait 'til you see the uniforms.

John Reid is a firm believer in discipline, and I'm sure he'll do a bang-up job.

No comments: