Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

Hello - Flying Rodent's Granddad here.

You know, despite having been dead for ten years, even I was disgusted to hear the great whoosh of moving goalposts while reading Oliver Kamm's essay yesterday about the righteousness of the nuclear attacks on Japan in 1945.

Since I'm a cantankerous old get who far prefers filthy personal abuse and invective to rational discussion (much like my grandson, I must say), I settled for cursing a blue streak and wishing weeping sores and a septic anus upon Mr. Kamm.

But when I'd calmed down, I suddenly wondered what I would have posted upon hearing news of the bombings, had I not been stationed in Alexandria fifty-odd years before the invention of the internet at the time.

And I think it might have gone like this - click to enlarge...


No comments: