Saturday, July 21, 2007

Too Distasteful... But Then It IS Friday Night

The BBC, no doubt intending to heap ridicule upon a respected figure of American conservatism, informs me that President George W. Bush is scheduled for a routine colonoscopy this week.

I imagine that many unprincipled and unfeeling types might succumb to the temptation to milk the maximum level of comedy from an unpleasant medical procedure that many of us will face in our dotage.

Therefore, like Pontius Pilate before me, I hereby wash my hands of the comments thread that follows this post.

I disown all responsibility for any puerile humour that may ensue when commenters offer suggestions as to what the proctologist in question might find lurking in the Presidential rectum.

I would also like to stress that any childish comparisons between the President's medical treatment his treatment of taxpayers in general are entirely beyond my control.

No comments: