Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Cutting Edge of Democracy

The Scottish Parliament elections are coming up, and I for one am very excited.

MSP's are elected by proportional representation, which allows us to vote for more than one candidate, just like they do in Pakistan and Ohio.

I realise that this system might be unfamiliar to readers from unenlightened corners of civilisation, but I'll explain it by example using my own voting intentions.

As my primary vote, I'll be going for the Whigs, whose committed stand against Jacobinism has really caught my eye this year.

Secondly, I'm drawn to the Scottish Draconian Party's platform of hardcore British values, to whit -

1) Britain is a fucking democracy, where every fucker has the right to say whatever the fuck he wants.

2) Every cunt has the right to pursue happiness, free from discrimination by chavs, foreigners and scroungers.

This is a bit of departure for me, since I usually vote for the party leader best able to crush his opponents in single combat.

Scotland's list is rather bland and uninteresting this year, as opposed to the national Parliament, where the main candidates resemble extras from The Island of Doctor Moreau.

Gassing's to good for the buggers, if you ask me.


No comments: