Sunday, November 26, 2006

In Which Flying Rodent Laments The Ravages of Time


29 today, and I'm celebrating by nursing a brutal hangover. Quite why I thought that Shetland vodka and Jameson's whisky would complement each other is unclear, but I have the rest of the day to contemplate my poor decision-making.

I suppose I should reflect upon the lessons I've learnt in almost three decades walking the Earth. I think I can sum it up fairly easily.

If I could go back and change it, I'd do more of the things my mother told me not to, with twice the commitment and three times the enthusiasm.

I would've said yes to that Mediterranean holiday and found the money somewhere, I'd have done all the illegal things people tried to get me to do, I'd have kissed that girl when she wanted me to, rather than laughing and changing the subject.

Seize the day by the throat, and hump it into insensibility.

That's why I'm sitting here monkeying about on the internet.

Update!: If you'd like to contribute a birthday present for me, send your credit card details and PIN number to flyingrodent@hotmail.co.uk. All donations gratefully accepted!

No comments: