Monday, September 25, 2006

El Grupo Libro De Caracas

It seems that President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela has been encouraging the people to open their minds to the wonder of literature again, following his gift of millions of free copies of Cervantes' Don Quixote to the citizenry.

This time he's recommending Noam Chomsky's Hegemonia o Sobrevivencia.

Frankly, I have to disagree with my hermano Chavez. I bought it yesterday and I thought that the characters were two-dimensional, the dialogue stilted and the sex scenes rather forced. I prefer books with more huge explosions and cool special effects.

Plus, it was all written in fucking Spanish, and my diccionario Espanol de Oxford hangs in tatters. 3/10.

Chavez, saviour of the poor? That's £8.99 I won't see again in a hurry, I can tell you.

No comments: